The Healthy Gut Company,
Kombucha brewery in Liverpool.
“We have a passion for helping others to improve their health and well-being.
We aim to do this by supplying you with the knowledge, products and recipes
to promote a healthy gut, which leads to the above.” Ruth Joseph
We had a dream, vision, dedication and lots of guts to start this business.
Since 2017 we beloved the art of brewing Kombucha and started raising the awareness of a gut health. We are dedicated to brew truly authentic, craft Kombucha. Our company is focused on being a sustainable business that’s good for the environment and good for you.
We make Liverpool greener by cargo bike deliveries.
As a team we bring together what we do best.
We enjoy sourcing local organic ingredients, supporting small businesses, meeting new suppliers and stockists, having working lunches at vegan cafes and collaborating with industry experts. Promoting Kombucha at tasting events, talking to customers and making people happy. Constantly learning about the food medicine.
It is a hard work, but we love it and you can taste it.
What is Kombucha?
Ancient Chinese believed Kombucha to be the ‘immortal health elixir’ thanks to the alchemy of fermentation.
KOMBUCHA is Sparkling Tea beverage
Traditionally brewed green, jasmine and black teas are transformed with live culture called SCOBY (Symbiotic Colony of Bacteria and Yeast). Through the magic of fermentation it becomes a refreshing, naturally sparkling, effervescent beverage with a broad flavour profile.
Bottle Full of Life!
Kombucha contains live cultures, natural bacterias such as Lactobacili and Bifidobacteria that produce fatty acids which stimulate the growth of good bacteria already in the gut. Plus it is packed full of health giving enzymes, B Vitamins, amino acids and antioxidants, its also low sugar and low caffeine. Unpasteurised and full of live cultures.
You will never forget your first sip of Kombucha! How does Kombucha taste like?
“ It’s an explosion of flavours! It excites your taste buds”
“ Made of tea but it doesn’t taste like tea! “
What are Kombucha's health benefits?
- The acetic acid which gives Kombucha its trademark vinegar flavour, reduces blood pressure and blood sugar levels, decreasing inflammation, supporting weight loss and killing off harmful bacteria.
- Drinking Kombucha helps promote healthy bacteria in the gut, the presence of these probiotic bacteria carries many health benefits including improved metabolism, a reduction in sugar cravings and better assimilation of vitamins and minerals. These probiotic bacteria also have a positive impact on the production of serotonin so improving mood and reducing anxiety.
- Improved digestion and bowel function, easing constipation and bloating.
- Kombucha has properties of detoxification, cleansing the body, in particular the liver, of metals and impurities.
- The tea contained in Kombucha is an adaptogen. Adaptogens benefit the entire physiology of the body rather than a specific organ. They are full of antioxidants, which eliminate free radicals which otherwise cause cell damage. This and the positive influence on the human microbiome, resulting in a more effective immune system, increase the body’s cancer fighting defence.
- Organic, natural flavouring such as whole fruits, herbs and vegetables have their own healing powers and act as pre-biotics.
Learn about Gut Health
Cargo bike deliveries
Cargo Bike deliveries
SCOBY Symbiotic Colony of Bacteria and Yeast
Working lunches, support local vegan cafes